Thursday, May 31, 2012

Am I really that noisy?

I did not realize how noisy I am in the mornings! When I read that we had to make an audio recording of our daily lives I decided to make one of my morning routine. The other parts of my day are either much quieter or in a public place where it would be a bit more awkward to tote around a laptop to record.

When looking at tackling this project, I tried to tackle it with an open mind. I've never tried to do an audio recording so I tried not to worry about it too much.The installing of Audacity and LAME went very smoothly, which was encouraging. Then, once I figured out what exactly I wanted to do with my project it went even smoother. I went against my usual process of making a list and instead just followed a more linear process. I began recording and came up with more and more ideas as I went along. I really enjoyed gathering the audio samples and recording different sounds on top of one another.

Overall, I feel like audio is a very interesting compositional medium. I'd be very interested in exploring it more.

I feel like my track needs a bit of an explanation so here it goes:
-It starts with two different sounds of my alarms going off (usually it takes 2 to wake me up in the morning)
-Then, you hear some generic tv talk show sounds in the background, I like watching them in the morning.
-The water rushing is me washing my face, showering, etc. (Yeah, I sing in the shower)
-The next little bit is me getting some breakfast (Cheerios, to be specific)
-I then went to practice some scales on the piano!




(There's my audio! Hope you enjoy it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment