For my first video composition, I first had to actually download Windows Movie Maker because I apparently didn't have it on my computer! After a very long download, I tried to get inspired. I perused the online archive and found a very old educational video called "Brotherhood of Men", which reminded me of a great song of the same title from a show called "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". So, in my first step into movie composing, I decided to take a clip from the video, omit the audio, and add in the song from "How to Succeed...". It was a bit of a silly idea, but I really liked the end product. The audio and video actually synced up very successfully. If you'd like to watch it, here it is:
Overall, I would up enjoying my composition work this week! At first, I thought making the video would be much more difficult thank it wound up being.
So, here's what I'm thinking towards in the future:
1) projects related to learning how to do something with new-media that you think may have practical value to you in your profession:
-I would be interested in looking into building a website/portfolio to really be able and market myself as an artist. I'd also like to be able to further look into recording and editing video to try and maket myself better as a singer.
2) projects that reflect topics or themes, related to new-media composition or composition in general or its variants in art areas, that you are simply curious about or interested in and would like to know more about
-I'd like to work more with photography and editing to produce multi-layer images like we did towards the beginning of the class.
3) projects that involve creating new-media genres via combining/recombining/re-arranging new-media principles, and then composing artistic pieces in the genres you create.
-I'd be interested in combining audio like I started to do with my second remix video. I think its neat to see how audio may not necessarily sync up, but it still works.
No comments:
Post a Comment