Friday, June 22, 2012

Farewell DMA

I started out absolutely dreading this class. I thought it would be entirely too much to handle and I would not know how to do anything. Fortunately, I was wrong. Sure, there were times when I struggled to grasp the technical aspects of exactly we were doing, but I eventually caught on and figured things out. Although help was available, I am proud to say I always was able to figure things out on my own. This class introduced me to a wide variety of new topics and subjects I probably would not have found on my own, but I'm very glad I know more about them now.

While I've learned many interesting things about new media and composing, I've also learned a lot about how to make new media composition something accessible for myself. I now know how to record, download, and edit a video, which will be very useful in my voice career. Now, instead of paying someone tons of money to make a video that shows my strong points, I can just record myself singing and edit it together myself. I've also learned about multi-layer photo composition. While it may not exactly be the career I'm going into, I find the whole photo editing process very relaxing and fun. Its something I will definitely continue to experiment with throughout this summer and on into the future. I've become much more educated on where we are heading as a generation of artists through collaboration with my peers. I've seen first hand what my fellow artists think and are experimenting with in their own art form, which will eventually end up impacting my own. I find that whole process very inspiring. In this class, I learned both the importance of self-reliance in a project and how inspiring collaboration/conversation with other artists can be.

I think, in the future, I would like to learn more in depth about photo composition and editing. Its a subject that I find very interesting and would love to learn about in more detail. I'm also still in the process of figuring out exactly how to build my own website to market myself as a vocalist. I feel like I'm on the path to learning these skills and, once I begin studying them, I now have the ability to grasp the concepts.

Overall, this class has been very enjoyable and I have learned quite a bit! I didn't think my art form would be able to collaborate with new media very well, seeing as the majority of the works I use were written centuries ago, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Finally, here is my final video for DMA. I hope you all enjoy it and have a wonderful, stress free summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment